Advice about preparing and caring for your pointe shoes is given at time of fitting and to complement this, La Danse has a dedicated YouTube channel with a comprehensive guide to these processes.
Created by our pointe shoe fitter Britt, this 9 part video series offers a complete guide to preparing and caring for your new pointe shoes.
Topics covered are:
- Ribbon and elastic placement,
- Ribbon and elastic sewing
- Protecting the platform, informed choices
- Attaching suede tips
- Darning pointe shoes
- Breaking in pointe shoes
- Preparing soft blocks
- Storing and caring for pointe shoes
- Essential sewing skills for dancers
If you have any questions or requests for future videos, please feel free to ask in the comments or message Britt directly.